Meg Madorin is a gorgeous dancer who I know through New York dancer-y friends. I had posted a photo on Instagram last week, and geotagged it (as I try to do with all my IG shots) and she had commented that she'd be in Colorado soon and we should hang out. So we did.
First we drove up to Golden, a town in the foothills of the Rockies of about 20,000 people, which is about a half hour commute to Denver. We met a blacksmith who was dressed as a pioneer for a visiting group of school kids, who informed us that you can still get a college degree in this old art. Which is kinda cool. And we walked down by the river, and then Meg showed me the house where she had grown up, and pointed out the house across the street where her best friend had lived. I might have fallen a little bit in love with Golden.
 |
He was making a candle holder I think. But got distracted talking to us and burnt the metal. |
 |
The River Whose Name I've Forgotten that runs through Golden. People go kayaking and tubing on it. |
 |
Howdy folks! We're in the West don'tcha know. |
 |
Meg: "Let's take a picture of you in front, so Stef can see there's a theater!" (Also please note there's a beautiful mesa view at the end of the street)
Then we got hungry and Meg got excited about the possibility of a certain Mexican restaurant nearby, which turned out to have great food but more importantly boasted
(a) a psychedelic interior and
(b) a lovely bar maid happily chatting away to regulars about ''the next time I go behind bars, I am not taking this piercing out. I learned my lesson that time."
Then we drove to Red Rocks, which I'll make a separate post about because it was SO MUCH FUN it deserves it's own post. And because Blogger is acting up again with the picture captions. But mostly because Red Rocks was SO MUCH FUN.
If anyone is interested, I'm @rachelfae on Instagram.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment