This post is a bit past due, but totally worth sharing, especially if it gives anyone inspiration for dinner!
And because this is my blog and not Facebook where people tend to sigh ''oh, great, another person posted pictures of their food…" I can post pictures of my food!
We ate really well in Evergreen. Having lived in NYC for years now, where take away, delivery, and street food are super easy and cheap and I'm so exhausted and often so depressed at the end of the day to make anything more than popcorn for dinner, I haven't, honestly been eating that well the last couple of years. And by that I mean, I haven't been cooking as much at home as I should have been.
In the mountains one has no choice. There are no delivery services. The nearest restaurant is miles away by car, and even then it's usually just the one. Rona provided Judi and I with fresh, awesome ingredients, and we went to town.
 |
My first breakfast in Evergreen. Gluten-free pineapple and pecan upside down cake (more on that later), red grapefruit, and sweet orange herbal tea. |
 |
Steak cooked on the grill outside, steamed broccoli and basmati rice. All smothered in an extremely garlicky, black pepper olive oil jus of awesomeness. |
 |
Another breakfast. Gluten free toast with mashed avocado with a sprinkle of EVOO and sea salt, a boiled egg and fresh papaya. |
 |
"Leftovers meal" - home made bison burgers, Judi's incredibly garlicky basil and walnut dairy-free pesto, zucchini, pepper and avocado salad with goats milk feta, and quinoa with a mushroom, onion and tomato ratatouille with shaved parmesan. |
 |
"Leftovers breakfast" - the same quinoa thing as the night before, but with scrambled egg, and a smoothie I made with raw beets, ginger, kale, lemon and apple. |
 |
Um yes this is a breakfast. Gluten-free pasta with a mushroom, garlic and cream sauce with fresh salmon and parmesan. And a green juice: kale, spinach, lemon, pineapple, spirulina, and apple. |
 |
| Raw zucchini, red and orange peppers, cucumbers and kale salad. |
 |
Rona's gluten-free pineapple upside down cake. I have asked her for the recipe and will post here if anyone is interested. I am going to make one for Stef when I get home. Ok, I'm going to make one for myself. He might get a slice :) |
 |
| Another version of the salad above but with avocado and red onion. |
 |
| Tomato, fresh basil, EVOO, balsamic, sea salt. |
No comments:
Post a Comment